London Heathrow airport is the busiest airport in the United Kingdom and is a major international airport in England. Heathrow handles a huge number of passengers every day and a majority of them are new to the city. Most of the passengers prefer taxis to public transport for airport transfers.
December is one of the special months in a year and holds many public holidays and festivals. New Year’s Eve (31st of December) and New Year (1st of January) brings a high number of tourists to London every year, since it is one of the best times in a year to tour the city. Here are some tips to travel to and from London Heathrow on 31st December and 1st January.
- It is advisable to start early from your place to the airport to avoid last moment troubles.
- 31st and 1st are public holidays and almost all the places including trains stations and roads will be rushed. If you really want to travel on public transport, then it is best to leave as early as possible to reach on time.
- Moreover, public transport will be closed a bit early on New Year’s Eve and on New Year. There are some changes in timings of tubes, various rail networks, buses and coaches. So, it is good to enquire the details before you plan.
- You can travel by taxis for convenient and hassle free transfers. If you have more luggage, then public transport is definitely not a good option during the peak times.
- You can simply pre book a taxi online from anywhere around the world for a hassle free journey to and from Heathrow airport. Pre booking a Heathrow taxi via online comes with a range of benefits.