Kuala Lumpur is the capital city of Malaysia and is one of the most well connected cities in Asia. Its international airport is one of the busiest in the world and has excellent connections for several locations. Arranging flights between the two capital cities is simple and easy. It is located at a distance of 10604 miles away from London. The flying time between the two cities is about 13 hours. Passengers can choose between flying directly or through a one stop flight. All major international airports in London operate flights to Kuala Lumpur. Both leading airlines and low cost carriers fly between the two cities. Like most international airlines, flights to Kuala Lumpur are mostly concentrated towards the late hours of the night. Singapore is the most famous transit point while travelling from Kuala Lumpur to London.
Below is detailed information about Kuala Lumpur International Airport and the London airports that operate flights to Kuala Lumpur.
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport, known as KLIA in short, serves about 40 million passengers every year. It is located at about 37 miles away from Kuala Lumpur. It is the world’s 14th busiest international airport. The airport operates an express coach service for travellers to travel into the city and back into the airport to take flights. This mode of travel is considered the cheapest option. However there are also airport taxis and train services available. The airport hotel is very conveniently located and comes at a reasonable price.
- Heathrow is London’s busiest airport and is located 14 miles from Central London. It offers nonstop flights to more than 170 international cities including Kuala Lumpur. About 100 airlines operate through this airport.
- Gatwick Airport is London’s second busiest airport and supports the operations of more than 60 airlines. The airport is about 30 miles from Central London and operates coach services, buses and underground tubes between the city and the airport.
- London City airport operates direct flights to Kuala Lumpur on a daily basis. Most business travellers travelling from Kuala Lumpur prefer using this airport as it is located close to the financial district of the city. The airport is home to 19 airline operations, a mixture of both leading airlines and low cost carrier.
- Stansted airport in London is one of the country’s busiest airports. Stansted along with Luton offers several flight options to Kuala Lumpur and other important cities in Asia.